Nupur Sharma (Politician) Biography
Nupur Sharma is a Lawyer and Indian Politician of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). She has held various important posts within her party. She is known for contesting the 2015 Delhi Assembly Election against the chief of the Aam Aadmi Party, Arvind Kejriwal.
Nupur Sharma (Politician) Biography
Nupur Sharma was born in a Brahmin Family on 23 April 1985 (age: 37 years; as of 2022) in New Delhi, India. She received her primary education at Delhi Public School in New Delhi. For higher education, she enrolled in the Hindu College of Delhi University and got her LLB degree. Nupur got her LLM degree from the London School of Economics, London, England.
Nupur Sharma (Politician) BiographyFamily
Her father’s name is Dr. Vinay Sharma.
Nupur Sharma (Politician) Biography Career
Nupur has been active in politics since her college days at Delhi University. On the ticket of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, she was elected as president of Delhi University’s Students Union. She has also been the youth ambassador of Teach for India (affiliated with Teach for America).
She has handled various important posts within the Party such as a member of the National Executive Committee of BJP’s youth wing, Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM), National Media co-in charge of the BJYM, member of “Yuva,” Working Committee of BJP, and member of the State Executive Committee, BJP Delhi.
Nupur has been a spokesperson for her party and has taken part in various debates in the media to represent her party’s views. In the 2015 Delhi State Election, she contested against Aam Aadmi Party leader, Arvind Kejriwal, and Veteran leader of the Indian National Congress, Kiran Walia. However, she lost the election but emerged as runner-up.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters– 161 cm|
in meters– 1.61 m
in feet inches– 5’ 3”
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms– 50 kg|
in pounds– 110 lbs
|Political Journey||• Nupur Sharma has been active in politics since her college days in Delhi University. While studying at Delhi University, Nupur was elected as the president of the Delhi University Student’s Union (DUSU) on the ticket of Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP).|
• She has also been the youth ambassador of Teach for India (affiliated with Teach for America).
• Nupur has held various important posts in the BJP such as a member of National Executive Committee of BJP’s youth wing, Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM), National Media Co-In Charge of the BJYM, member of “Yuva,” Working Committee of BJP, and member of the State Executive Committee, BJP Delhi.
• She has been a BJP spokesperson and participated in various debates in the media to represent her party’s views.
• In the 2015 Delhi State Election, Nupur contested against AAP Chief, Arvind Kejriwal and veteran Congress leader Kiran Walia from New Delhi assembly constituency. However, she emerged as a runner-up in the Election.
|Controversy||On 5 June 2022, Nupur Sharma was expelled from the primary membership of the Bharatiya Janata Party after she made derogatory remarks against Prophet Muhammad and the Muslim community during a TV debate. A statement released by the party read, The BJP strongly denounces insults of any religious personalities of any religion. The Bharatiya Janata Party is also against any ideology which insults or demeans any sect or religion. The BJP does not promote such people or philosophy. During the thousands of years of the history of India every religion has blossomed and flourished. The Bharatiya Janata Party respects all religions.” Later, she unconditionally withdrew her statement and said that it was never her intention to hurt anyone’s religious feelings|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nupur Sharma
- Nupur has acted as Guest Editor for the national daily ‘The Times of India’ for its Republic Day Special edition in 2009.
- In March 2009, Hindustan Times featured her as one of the 10 Most Inspirational Women in the country.
- Nupur was a member of the delegation from India and BJP for the 2012 Indo-Pak American Council of Young Political Leaders (A.C.Y.P.L.) summit in the United States in July 2012.
- Nupur has engaged herself in welfare projects like the installation of water purifiers, solar lamps, and CCTV for campus security and successfully completed them during her tenure of the president of Delhi University’s Students Union.
Maate Mantramu Movie OTT Release Date, OTT Platform, Time and more
Who is Nupur Sharma BJP ?
This beautiful lady is well-known as a former member of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP). Apart from this, she also works as an advocate. Moreover, Nupur joined the BJP as a national spokesperson in the year 2005. She worked under the presidency of J. P. Nadda. Apart from this, she has also participated in lots of on-screen debates.
As per the latest reports, Nupur Sharma was suspended from the party because of making controversial remarks regarding Prophet Muhammad during a debate on the Gyanvapi Mosque dispute on the Times Now channel on 27 May 2022. She was suspended by the party in June 2022, after her debate video went viral on the web. As per the sources, Nupur also shared her statement on her social media handles.